Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bhutan!

January 24th, 2011


Hey guys,



I have safely made it to Bhutan. Sorry for the delay but Druk Yul (the Dzongkha name) is a completely different world and it's taken until now to get a message out. The flight in was terrific, it landed directly in the Paro valley and we had to do huge sweeping banking turns to avoid the mountains then you straighten out and land immediately. It was insane but fun.



We stayed in Paro the first night and then we just moved to Thimpu today. While in Paro we had delicious food (oh my god, riciculously good), walked around Paro, visited the local museum, and climbed to the Tiger's Nest (look it up because it is breathtaking in photos, let alone in person). But now we're about to relax and have a bit of free time before our orientation starts up tomorrow. Bhutan is amazingly beautiful. I can't believe I'm here really, it's very surreal.


I love you guys and I'll be sending out more email soon.


Carson

No comments:

Post a Comment